Friday, April 24, 2009

'Mesyuarat PIBG' and 'Hari Anugerah Cemerlang'; Part I: The rehearsal.

This is a special post reserved for the day before a very special day.

Today was a very busy day. The teachers and students are preparing for a big day tomorrow -- no, it's not the 31st of August yet -- it's the annual Mesyuarat PIBG and also Hari Anugerah Cemerlang.

There were people fixing the speakers, ceiling and doors; students arranging chairs and tables, practicing the kompang, silat, zapin, gamelan and pretty much all the traditional performances known to man; a couple of teachers taking the roles of MC; and Ayahanda Tuan Pengetua himself playing the part of the VIP during the rehearsal. I myself will perform the silat tomorrow with four other students (Hafizudin, Hadri, Salihin and Azlan). And here are some pictures I took while I was on a break during the rehearsal (oh yeah, I forgot to take my own picture, but I was there):





The gamelan.

Hamdan at the drums.

In action.

Kompang

Supervising: Zulsyahmi with Amirul Hakim and Hafizudin in the background.

A lovely Bunga Manggar.


Ayahanda watching the zapin performance, and is probably happy with it, too.

The final result: An empty hall filled with chairs and tables, ready to be used for any meeting or occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment