Wednesday, June 03, 2009

My play was selected for the Short+Sweet Festival Malaysia 2009

Short+Sweet is a festival of theatres tha started out in Australia. It had grown exponentially and now had spread to Asia, and finally came to Malaysia and Singapore.

The good news is... I received this mail:

"Dear Muhaimin,

Congratulations! Your 10 minute play 'While She Lasts' has been selected as a staged reading.
We will be posting this information on our S+S website, and meeting up with you and the directors week commencing June 22nd.
Thanks for responding to our call for writers.

Faridah Merican
S+S Festival Director"

It's only for a staged reading, not a real peformance. But to me, that is BIG! I mean, how often is your script got accepted for anything? Ask me. I should know. And now, someone finally open up for my story.

The bad news is... The world will never see the day my parents let me go to one of these festivals.

Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment